Project Delivery Managers Pty Ltd (PDM) is a locally owned North Queensland based Project Management Consultancy specialising in civil projects in the Infrastructure & Industry, Energy & Resource, Roads & Rails, Aviation & Ports and Property Development markets. PDM’s clients include Private and Government entities including Local and Regional Councils, Transport and Main Roads, and RoadTek in Queensland. PDM are certified to international standards for quality, safety, and the environment compliance. PDM strive for the use of technology to improve project efficiency, reduce costs, and reduce our impact on the environment.
PDM currently have a Project Manager (Civil Engineer) role available on full-time contract basis. The position offers the successful applicant the ability to lead all aspects of Project Management and continue to build your career, with the support of a dedicated PDM team.
PDM’s Project Managers are responsible for managing projects front on and ensuring project delivery is on time, on budget, to contract specifications and within WHSE requirements.
- Prepare and implement project plans by using tools, such as Gantt charts and provide estimates for projects
- Prepare, analyse and interpret engineering designs, specifications, and drawings for construction projects
- Manage and coordinate multiple projects, including organising availability of labour for the construction process in a timely manner
- Monitor variation in designs to ensure effective cost control and improve efficiency of the project
- Conduct on site investigations, coordinate site activities and analyse data for structures, and equipment
- Determine project costs by calculating labour, material, and related costs and studying engineering designs and drawings
- Oversee construction activities and ensure that the projects are built as per the architectural plans, structural plans, specifications, tender and the regulations as per Australian Standards
- Ensuring compliance with HSEQ requirements
- Project progress reporting and conducting weekly meetings with relevant stakeholders
- Provision of advice on any technical and engineering issues
- Minimum Tertiary Qualification in Civil Engineering field
- Minimum two years of work experience in civil engineering or related field
- A positive “can do” attitude and extremely high client serving standards.
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Client and subcontractor management.
- Safety, Quality and Environmental management.
- Proficient in the use of Civil Construction/surveying electronic systems such as ArchGIS, AutoCAD or similar or the ability to quickly learn, and MS suite.
The preferred candidate will demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Candidates must be from civil backgrounds.
- An ability to prioritize and manage volume.
- Possess strong IT literacy and technologically savvy.
- Strong knowledge in Queensland Main Roads (QTMR) Standards and Queensland Reconstruction Authority (QRA) Treatment Guide
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Be highly professional, proactive, enthusiastic, and self-motivated
- Passionate about civil construction project management.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Be positive and well presented with strong interpersonal skills
- Hold a current manual driver’s licence & Construction White Card
- Local knowledge – prefer that you have lived in this area for more than three years.
The Rewards / What is on offer
- An attractive & competitive remuneration package is offered- depending upon work experience
- We offer a competitive package and work life balance, diversity, and an opportunity to make a positive contribution in the community!
- An ethical organisation with a strong team culture and a commitment to work life balance.
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic, cohesive, and fun team.
- Our growing business offers continual opportunities for advancement or new challenges.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply via email email@example.com Please enclose your latest resume along with cover letter. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.